Monday, November 8, 2010

All Ireland Scholarships!

So i went to Limerick this weekend for the award ceremony of the All Ireland Scholarships :)Basically this scheme was set up to help students continue into 3rd level education.It's sponsered by JP McManus and it's like a grant in that the person receives money every month for the costs of college.I was one of the lucky 125 this year to receive a scholarship :DSo immediately after college on Friday my family,including my mom,nan,granda,two uncles,aunt,godmother,and gran aunt,collected me and drove straight to Limerick :)We stayed in the Absolute hotel,which was one of the nicest hotels i've ever stayed in!the food there was delicious!The award ceremony was on Saturday morning which meant an early start for me!Registration was at 10:30 in UL,we left about half 9.After i met with my old principle and registered we had to wait around and be organised into a long line around the room.At 12 we walked in a kind of procession upstairs and into a theater.We took our seats,the crowd was then addressed by the trustee's including JP McManus.Afterwards people were called onto the stage to receive the certificate for the scholarship and a gift.A picture was then taken with JP McManus and another member of the trustees.Needless to say my stomach was doing flips as i walked up for mine!After everyone had received their certificates,Dermot Desmond(a successful Businessman) who was the special guest gave a speech.There was then a group photo of all the scholarship winners together and the ceremony was over.This was followed by a lunch which was delicious!JP McManus was really nice and stayed around to take pictures with everyone :) He even complimented my suit! :DThe gift turned out to be a gold pen engraved with "All Ireland Scholarships '10" It's really cool :D
I had a great day and it's definitely a day i'll never forget :D

Here's a pic of me with JP McManus and My old Principle Mr.Culhane>(here's a link to my facebook if you want to see more pics                                     http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2100123&id=1230721593&page=5 :) )


Thanks for reading,
Dylan.

No comments:

Post a Comment